We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
SRO hires both student workers and extra help workers from the community as telephone interviewers. Those hired must have the capability of interviewing in conversational English.
Spanish language survey researchers
SRO hires interviewers who can also conduct Spanish-language interviews. Those hired must have the capability of interviewing in conversational English and Spanish. These interviewers will also be responsible for fielding Spanish-language calls and translating interview scripts from English to Spanish.
- Command of conversational English (and Spanish for spanish language researchers)
- The ability to use telephone and computer equipment to conduct interviews.
- The ability to follow a specific script for conducting interviews.
- The ability to use a computer to record accurately replies, as given by the respondents.
- The capacity to respond calmly and politely to unanticipated responses.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to work on task with minimal supervision.
To apply for a position at SRO, please click the following links:
Students (graduate and undergraduate) : go to CareerConnect.
Non-students: go to Employment@Illinois.
For more information, please contact the SRO at (217) 206-6591 or firstname.lastname@example.org